Design Specs for New Walker
We are investigating the possibility of patenting the design and, therefore, are not mentioning specifics of the design the new walker on this website. However, a general needs assessment follows.
- Create arm support so that arms rest in a more comfortable fashion.
- Decrease the size of the frame, particularly in the front of the device.
- Provide better trunk support so that slumping doesn't cause arms to rise above head.
- Prevent hip hyperextension.
- If possible, increase range of knee flexion angles and eliminate constant knee flexion.