This week we finally got to see tangible results of our Impact Grant and the Case Manager Tool! Cheryl from Digital Solutions presented a wireframe version of our program and it was so exciting! I must admit I got a bit giddy. Her team had done a really good job of translating our ideas into reality, and they were able to give us most of the features we wanted. The others may have to wait for “Phase 2.0” when we have another infusion of support. There were only a few things to tweak and hopefully will be relatively painless.
We had our third Idea Lab, too. This was a longer one, focused on making our projects accessible to students of all abilities. It was really interesting to hear about the technology available to turn text to speech and vice-versa. I was really glad Cheryl stayed for that portion since she was much more knowledgeable than I about the types of programs the Digital Solutions team was using to create our Case Manager tool. The meeting was long, but very informative. I got a lot of information I actually am going to use for an unrelated project as well. It is great to feel like we are really moving forward, now that much of the groundwork is done!