Sometimes breaking away from the office for a bit is critical to gain new insights and perspectives. If you’re looking for some learning technology conferences to attend, I have some suggestions below. Also, if you need help with funds to attend one of these conferences, consider applying for the Learning Technology Professional Development Grant at http://go.osu.edu/PD (deadline, July 23, 2012).
A comprehensive listing may be found at:
A calendar view of some learning technology conferences with submission deadlines and conference dates can be found on the Ed Tech Events Calendar
Some I’d recommend would be:
- 5th Annual International Symposium for Emerging Technologies for Online Learning: Las Vegas, Nevada, from July 25-27, 2012
- 28th Annual Conference on Distance Teaching & Learning: Madison, Wisconsin, from August 8-10, 2012
- 18th Annual Sloan Consortium International Conference on Online Learning: Lake Buena Vista, Florida, from October 10-12, 2012
- 37th Annual POD Conference: Seattle, Washington, from October 24-28, 2012
- Educause 2012 Annual Conference: Denver, Colorado, from November 6-9, 2012
- All other Educause conferences:
- And last, but certainly not least, add to your calendar the next Ohio State Innovate! Conference: Columbus, Ohio (Ohio Union), on March 26, 2013.